1. Two more vaccines and a drug join India’s fight against COVID; Corbevax, Covovax shots and Molnupiravir get emergency use authorisation.
2. SEBI tightens rules on use of IPO proceeds
3. ‘Audit irregularities’ led to FCRA denial, says official; Missionaries of Charity has not requested a review.
4. 100% take first dose of vaccine in Telangana; 2.77 crore target population given the jab; second dose coverage stands at 66%.
5. Falling short: Perpetrators of violence in the name of religion must be brought to justice
6. Trade defence: A reflexive resort to the anti-dumping duty risks skewing market dynamics
7. Put out the data, boost the dose of transparency; The Government must make COVID-19 data including that for vaccine regulatory approvals and policy available.
8. The pertinent issue of trust and the Indian politician; High levels of criminality in politics could wreck India’s democracy and imperil subjective well-being.
9. ‘Indianising’ the legal system and SC’s views. Judgments show conscious effort at getting rid of the ‘crutches’ of colonial influence.
10. COVID drug to hit pharmacies soon. Several Indian pharma majors gear up to launch molnupiravir capsules.
11. Biological E to ramp up Corbevax output. Aims 100 mn doses a month from Feb.
12. RBI flags banks’ capital buffer needs; ‘Credit growth is muted, indicative of pandemic scarring; asset quality may get dented going forward’.
13. ‘Expect inflation-indexed annuities soon’; Talking to IRDAI for options with returns linked to pace of price rise: PFRDA chief.