1. MARITIME BORDER DISPUTE BETWEEN KENYA AND SOMALIA. 2. MISSION SAGAR - IV. 3. MOUNT SINABUNG. 4. LAKE CHAD
1. PM dedicates to the Nation 35 crop varieties with special traits. 2. 73rd AMENDMENT ACT . 3) As rural net project lags, IT Ministry’s CSC seeks to buy out PSU. 4) 60 species identified in Aravallis in Haryana’s first butterfly survey. 5) Enlarging a window.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
1. Maoist influence down from 96 to 41 districts: Home Ministry. 2. Delhi Metro earned ₹19.5 crore from the sale of carbon credits; Over 3 million such credits collected from 2012-2018. 3. Back in the game| India must cooperate with U.S. on vaccines, trade, and leverage Quad for regional stability. 4. Needless row |Rajasthan’s law does not validate child marriages, but helps rights of underage brides. 5. Flood management that cannot be watered down; For a lasting solution to the India-Nepal floods, an intergovernmental panel must be formed with local representation. 6) Development push is key, Shah tells states in meeting on Naxals. 7) Copyright vs wrong
1.Quad not a military tie-up: U.S. official. 2.Gujarat drug seizure case likely to go to NIADRI recently seized 3,000 kg of heroin, worth ₹21,000 crore, originally shipped from Afghanistan. 3. MoD strikes ₹22,000 cr. deal with Airbus. First of the 56 C-295 transport planes to be delivered to IAF in 2 years; they will replace ageing Avros. 4.ICMR stops use of ivermectin, HCQ for COVID-19 treatment. Revised guidelines point to risk of adverse reaction. Quad will find no support, says China‘| A closed, exclusive clique targeting other countries runs counter to the trend of the times’. China’s central bank rules all crypto transactions to be illegal. PBOC fears crypto will pave way for fraud, money laundering.
1. ₹50,000 for each COVID death. 2. WHO tightens global air quality norms. 3. A time to introspect} More Centre-State deliberations needed with GST regime at a critical turning point. 4. This judicial selection needs more than a tweak| The collegium system and the mysteries underlining its decision-making dilute the importance of the High Courts. 5. Rulings that impact a State’s medical infrastructure| The removal of domicile requirement and in-service quota is affecting super-specialty medical education in Tamil Nadu. 6. A flawed calculation of inflation The current official inflation rate does not correctly measure price rise. 7. Sea level rise is certain This has implications for the future even under the low emissions scenarios. 8. Improving the economic game Businesses can help meet the objectives of the Quad.
1) SC says will set up own expert panel to look into Pegasus charges 2) Govt to SC: No caste census, conscious policy decision 3) PM meets Morrison ahead of Quad, talks to top CEOs about investments 4) Combat boost: Order placed for 118 Arjun Mk-1A tanks 5) Gardens of plenty
1) Two more Indian Beaches get coveted International Blue Flag Certification 2) Ministry of Education forms a National Steering Committee for the Development of National Curriculum Frameworks 3) As PM heads to US, Foreign Secy says AUKUS won’t impact Quad 4) Saarc: Minister’s meet called off as Pakistan wants Taliban at table 5) SC collegium recommendations: 13 HCs set to get new Chief Justice
1 ) ‘POSHAN Maah’ Celebrations 2) All India Consumer Price Index Numbers for Agricultural and Rural Labourers August 2021 3) INDIAN NAVY AND INDONESIAN NAVY PARTICIPATE IN EXERCISE ‘SAMUDRA SHAKTI’ 4) Project Fulwari under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav To Strengthen Northern Coalfields’ Limited (NCL)fight against Malnutrition in kids 5) MF staff below 35 to invest 10% in 1st year
1. Registration of Unorganized Workers picks pace across the Country, more than 1 crore registered on e-shram portal. 2. COAST GUARD SEIZES 2000 KG SEA CUCUMBER3. CBDT questions delay in time-barred assessments. 4. Indian CEOs pip global peers in age, experience: Survey. 5. CACP suggestions on sugar economy ring louder. 6. Nutrition through biofortification. 7. Big Tech under the scanner. 8. Govt eyes 14GWh battery storage system in Kutch. 9. India will become 3rd largest importer by 2050: UK report. 10. Punjab gets first Dalit CM.
1. Central Government relaxes provisions of TDS u/s 194A of the Income-tax Act, 1961 in view of section of 10(26) of the Act. 2. Bank licence door may stay shut for industrial houses. 3. 5G spectrum auction unlikely before 2023. 4. Amazon, Microsoft swoop in for $24 bn farm-data trove.
(1) Simplified Procedure for confirmation of Bank Guarantees of Foreign Banks in Capital Acquisitions under Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP)- 2020 (2) NITI Aayog Launches Report on Reforms in Urban Planning Capacity in India (3) Govt backs NARCL with ₹ 30,600-cr guarantee for 5 yrs GS 3 (4) 20% of India’s adult population fully vaccinated: Health ministry (5) Farmers get lower prices than MSP as local markets gain
1. 20% incentive to help drive drone makers. 2. Cairn, AI seek stay on US court proceedings. 3. Water risks highest in Asia: Moody’s. 4. Major relief for the telecom sector, Govt gives 4-year moratorium on AGR dues. 5. Tribunal posts: Govt claims right to reject, SC flays ‘cherry-picking’. 6. In SC petition, Delhi govt says Centre giving more power to L-G Constitution. 7. Crime Capital: Delhi remains most unsafe for women. 8. ‘CRIME IN INDIA’-NATIONAL CRIME RECORDS BUREAU DATA. 9. HISTORY LESSONS FOR TALIBAN. 10. Children locked out
1) SVAMITVA - Stepping-Stone Towards Upliftment of Rural Economy 2) BUSINESS STANDARD 3) Non-food items fire up WPI inflation to 11.4%
a) India and US launch the Climate Action and Finance Mobilization Dialogue (CAFMD) 1) No beating around the bush, did Govt use Pegasus illegally: SC. 2) Sterlite firing is scar on democracy: Madras HC. 3) Kerry: 450 GW RE target huge economic opportunity, US will help India achieve it. 4) Assam Foreigner’s Tribunal. 5) India to hold biennial defence dialogue with African nations.
1. Noise Control Sheet Absorber developed by mimicking bee hives 2. LIC’s gag order to officials before IPO 3. Farmers are now predominantly labourers, shows national survey. 4. Review meet on defence PSU disinvestment today 5. GST Council may allow intra-state pharma cess, discuss states’ dues
Today Current Affairs hasn't been released due to Ganesh Chaturthi on 10th Sept 2021.
1) Ford calls it quits 2) RBI has concerns about crypto 3) SC holds Sebi plea for two weeks in PNB Housing case 4) Are e-scooters a better bet than their petrol-run peers? 5) 13 airports get nod for privatisation via clubbing model
1) Afghanistan, security on table as key US, Russian officials arrive in Delhi 2) MSP hike: Oilseeds, dal get boost, wheat gets lowest rise in 12 years 3) Centre in SC: Women to be inducted into armed forces through NDA 4) The challenge of flexibility 5) The future of food 6) Ease of doing administration
1) Sebi allows T+1 settlement cycle on optional basis. 2) Cairn to drop cases against India, accepts $1-bn offer. 3) Release our report, it addresses farmer issue: SC panel member to CJI. 4) COVID stress on small units: Mudra loan NPAs up in PSU banks. 5) Rajnath unveils new rules to reform financial powers of armed forces. 6) Russian NSA in Delhi for ‘high-level’ talks. 7) ‘No new coal plants needed to meet 2030 demand. 8) The idea of South Asia. 9) Cabinet likely to take up telecom relief package today; cuts in SUC, licence fee. 10) Merchant, companies can’t store card data from Jan 1: RBI.
1) Last pocket of resistance falls, Talibanj raise flag in Panjshir 2) Distress signal came early: farm, unpaid women labour surged 3) Testing patience, no respect for rulings: SC slams govt over vacancies in Tribunals 4) Pakistan’s Kabul syndrome 5) Hemmed in on all sides 6) President’s Colour awarded to Indian Naval Aviation
1. Green dreams. 2. Another IBC fix? 3) Behind Paralympics glitter: Govt push, Pvt effort, better training. 4) As Kerala grapples with COVID, Nipah returns: 12-year-old succumbs to the virus. 5) Kerala judge wins long battle for seniority, could sit on HC Bench. 6) America after Afghanistan. 7) On assets, a narrow view. 8) The nutrition-hygiene link. 9) To develop an ‘ecosystem’ for startups, accelerators, IT Min forms committee. 10) Excise mop-up jumps 48% in Apr-July; at 3 times of full fiscal oil bond liability.
1) SC Collegium clears 68 for HCs; 10 women, 44 from Bar. 2) PM likely to visit US this month, meet Biden. 3) HC grants bail to 5: Sole act of protesting can’t be weaponized to justify one’s arrest. 4) How SC judges are appointed. 5) HATE NEWS. 6) Illusion of social justice. 7) IMF’s asset allocation a booster shot, forex reserves jump by record $16.6 bn. 8) 23% higher than pre-COVID FY20 Apri-Aug: Which sectors fulled exports growth so far in FY22?
1. Douse the farm fire. 2. Rebuilding a presence in Afghanistan. 3. Centre plans PSU land sale via e-bidding. 4. CJI flags ‘communal content’ in media. 5. Afghan-origin terror prime concern: India Centre says it conveyed this to the Taliban at Qatar meeting. 6. A hydro onslaught the Himalayas cannot take,There is rock solid scientific evidence to demand the cancellation of many upcoming and approved hydel projects. 7. Noble intentions The UN must ensure that the Taliban uphold human rights and give up terror tactics. 8. Is monetising public assets a good idea?The challenge is in structuring the complexity of contracts with private players. 9. 40 Central universities to implement credit bankBut more than 6,000 of 18,000 faculty positions vacant. 10. Indian biologist Shailendra Singh has been awarded the Behler Turtle Conservation Award for bringing three critically endangered turtle conservation species back from the brink of extinction. 11. Jallianwala Bagh conservation was supervised by ASI: Culture Ministry.
1) 1.5 mn Indians lost jobs in Aug as unemployment rate soars 2) ‘Hospital revenues doubled due to 2nd wave’ 3) PV firms cut production due to semiconductor shortage 4) 91% consumers plan to shop during this festive season: survey 5) Rs 1.12 lakh cr GST mop-up in August, ut lower than July 6) Centre calendar to UTs states: Let gram sabhas talk asset monetization
1) India, Taliban make first official contact after last US troops leave Afghanistan 2) Q1 growth rate 20.1% real GDP still below the pre-COVID level 3) India in chair, UNSC adopts resolution on Taliban; Russia & China abstain 4) Govt backs new IT Rules: They empower the audience 5) To engage Taliban, or not to
For Any enquiry or details related to IAS/IPS/UPSC coaching or examination submit your details and get a call from one of our expert's team.
Free Online Workshop