1. The operations of the Pegasus spyware: How does the NSO based spyware infiltrate mobile phones and laptops? Does India have laws against unauthorized hacking? 2. The DLI scheme and the chip making industry in India : Why is India trying to boost the semiconductor ecosystem? What are the incentives being promised?
1. At the Centre: India must stay in step with the changes in the Central Asian region 2. To the poll booth, with no donor knowledge: Worries over the electoral bond scheme go beyond its patent unconstitutionality — it befouls democracy and elections
1. India’s economy and the challenge of informality: Policy efforts to formalise the economy will have limited results as the bulk of informal units are petty producers 2. Understanding the Budget formulation: How does the Budget affect economy and growth? In a pandemic year, is fiscal policy tuned to addressing contemporary challenges of unemployment and low output growth rate?
1. Taxing drama: The Centre must conclude the retroactive tax disputes and ensure policy predictability
1. For a civic solidarity: The Chakma/Hajong people deserve citizenship and not racial profiling Page 6/Editorial. 2. Distorting history through a calendar: By propagating false narratives on Indian ancestry, the IITs are damaging their standing.
1. In conjunction Individual obligation is meaningful only when rights are guaranteed by the state 2. The challenge of antimicrobial resistance: What is the GRAM report? How is antimicrobial resistance affecting global health practices?
1) A stellar fallacy: Assessment of environmental costs, benefits of projects should not be done in haste 2) A proposal for Indian Environmental Service: What were the recommendations of the T.S.R Subramanian report on environment?
1. Wrong remedy: States have rightly raised questions about proposed rule changes on IAS, IPS deputation 2. Sail for a powerful India-German partnership: The Indo-Pacific, with India as its centrepiece, features prominently in Germany’s foreign policy outreach
1) Drop the IAS cadre rules amendments: States are right in perceiving the planned amendments to Rule 6(1) to be an infringement of their rights 2) The question of OBC reservation in local bodies
1. Technology tangle: The roll-out of 5G services near airports is posing a challenge to airlines. 2. Democratise and empower city governments: The general approach towards urban empowerment, including financial capabilities, has remained piecemeal in India.
1. Inflation conundrum: High price rise trends could continue in 2022, compounding the challenge for policy makers
1. Just what the doctor ordered for the livestock farmer: With most of India’s livestock in rural and remote areas, a game changer now will be the use of mobile veterinary units. 2. For a reset in India-Nepal relations: The urgent need today is to pause the rhetoric on territorial nationalism and lay the groundwork for a quiet dialogue.
1)Friend in need: India and Sri Lanka have shown an ability to quickly act on promises to each other 2). Predatory pricing is prising Indian livelihoods apart: The economic dogma of lower prices, regardless of the means, as a sole and worthy pursuit is being challenged
"DUE TO PONGAL THE HINDU IS UNAVAILABLE TODAY "
1) Liberal economics creates illiberal societies: A new form of ‘Gandhian’ democratic socialism powered by cooperative economic enterprises is required
1)Trust deficit: The imbalance of power in relations between tech platforms, news publishers is worrying
1. Extending GST compensation as a reform catalyst: The transition to GST is still in progress and an extension will provide comfort to States to help roll out crucial changes
1. The sail that Indian diplomacy, statecraft need: Striking the right balance between continental and maritime security will enable India’s long-term security interests
1. Some Raj Bhavans are on the war path: The Governor must be mindful of being a friend and a guide to his government, more so in Opposition-ruled States
1)A serious lapse: An improved protocol for the PM’s travel, and a repurposing of the SPG might be necessary 2) The baton of forest restoration in the net zero race: For carbon sequestration, India must revisit its policy framework and reverse fading participation of local communities
1. No room for complacency: Omicron’s mild nature is more due to the protection offered by vaccines
1. Message from Mumbai: Online mobs spreading hate should not be allowed to continue their work with impunity. 2. China’s bridge over Pangong Tso: What is the current situation in Eastern Ladakh? How has India responded to the new developments?
1. Inadequate response: The ₹8 lakh income criteria to identify EWS are not reasonably explained by the Government
1. Aiding in governance: The synergy of NGOs, Government and corporates is the holy grail of development
1. State schemes can cast a lifeline to this welfare plan: Five years since its introduction, there is vast scope for improvement in the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
1.Needless provocation: India, China must adhere to past agreements to keep the peace along the border
For Any enquiry or details related to IAS/IPS/UPSC coaching or examination submit your details and get a call from one of our expert's team.
Free Online Workshop