If you have joined CHAHAL ACADEMY, just follow the curriculum of the batch, you will reach the destination. If you are starting on your own, to begin with follow the initial steps.
- Analysis of previous question papers
- Understanding of Syllabus
- Read a good newspaper daily preferably The Hindu or Indian Express
- Read all basic NCERTs before reading reference books
- Reading of basic study material/reference books
- Read YOJANA and KURUKSHETRA magazine monthly
- Start writing-This will be the deciding factor in the Mains
Let us analyze the critical areas according to their weightage in IAS-UPSC Exam.
- GS Based Marks= GS Prelims, 200 marks + GS Mains, 1000 marks + Essay, 250 marks (Essay means Mains GS and writing style) + Interview, 275 marks (It means Mains GS and communication style) = 1725 marks
- Optional Based Marks = 500 marks
- Aptitude based Marks = Prelims Aptitude = 200 marks
When to start preparation
- One should start preparation around eight or nine months prior to the exam.
- If you are going to prepare immediately after graduation, then don’t waste time, start immediately after your final exam.
- If you are going to study while working, it is possible but starts earliest. Don’t delay to start otherwise you will experience time crunch later.
- If you are preparing during graduation, generalized plan cannot be suggested, so discuss personally with us to evolve an individual plan.
What is required to get success in IAS-UPSC exam
- Critical self-assessment
- Patience and Self confidence
- Good writing practice
- Basic command over English and Aptitude
- Good grasp over current affairs
- Healthy competitions and feedbacks
- Quality material and guidance
- Devoted study