22 June 2021: What to Read in Indian Express Newspaper
1) Full statehood for J&K top agenda in meeting with PM, says Azad
2) Share info with Govt ban on ‘Specific’ flash sales: Move to tighten e-commerce norms
3) Delhi High Court judge recuses from digital media cases challenging IT Rules
21 June 2021: What to Read in Indian Express Newspaper
1) Autonomous institute objected but Centre pushed it to help Ramdev get the school board
2) Compensation may leave states with insufficient funds: Govt to SC
3) Delhi’s Sea Blindness
4) TAKE THE LEAD
5) THE RIGHT TO WELL-BEING
19 June 2021: What to Read in Indian Express Newspaper
1) Delhi HC’s order surprising, need to examine reading of UAPA, says SC
2) Rule of land supreme, must abide by laws: House panel to Twitter
3) Taliban’s power pursuit has led to Afghan uncertainty: Shringla
4) Whose party is it, anyway?
18 June 2021: What to Read in Indian Express Newspaper
1) Marks of Classes 10 and 11 count in Class 12 results out by July 31
2) India demands review of Pak Bill linked to Jadhav’s right to appeal
3) India hits out at UN experts remarks on jail activists
4) Govt amends Cable TV network rules
17 June 2021: What to Read in Indian Express Newspaper
1) Prasad turns up heat on Twitter: it is defiant, chooses not to follow rules
2) Day after bail, activists stay in jail, police in SC: HC remarks ‘perverse’
3) Cabinet clears subsidy hike for fertilzers
4) PM: Need to continue repair, prepare...
16 June 2021: What to Read in Indian Express Newspaper
1) In bid to stifle dissent, state blurs line between right to protest, terrorism: HC
2) HC calls out misuse of UAPA, raise bar for State to slap terror tag
3) Experts see new urge in bad loans could rise to 13-5% this year
4) When jail is the rul...
15 June 2021: What to Read in Indian Express Newspaper
1) Pushed by rising fuel & food prices, retail inflation breaches 6% comfort zone of RBI
2) Disengagement of troops: China suggests Major Gen-level talks
3) House panel summons Twitter on June 18 to discuss new IT rules
4) Rlys put outs SOP for st...
12 June 2021: What to Read in Indian Express Newspaper
1) Gujarat govt praises NREGA: ‘lifesaver’ for migrants who came back after the lockdown
2) France backs India, asks G-7 to lift export curbs on vaccine materials
3) SC questions delay in creating unorganized workers’ database
4) Pak govt pu...
INDIAN EXPRESS is one of the major source for current affairs preparation in UPSC CSE. It helps to inculcate a multidimensional approach in mains answer writing and facts also helps in prelims.However, like any other sources, reading it end to end is not necessary.
Important topics to focus:
Topics related to national/international heritage, new GI tags, current geographical phenomenon, issues related to women and society, health, education, social security etc.
Topics related to Governance, Constitution, Constitutional amendment, High court and Supreme Court verdicts, government Policies and schemes, Diplomatic relations,International relation, Multilateral Forums etc.
World and Indian Economy, Employment, Poverty, Budget, National and International Security, Natural Disasters, Environment and Climate Change.
Topics to Avoid:
News on Sports, Death, Awards, Politics, Crime, Cinema, share market details etc.
But, it is difficult for beginners to identify all the relevant topics for UPSC CSE. So you can click on the links below to know what to read from Indian Express daily-