1) Modi meets Draghi & EU leaders, to call on Pope today.2) Steering economy during COVID gets Das 3 more yrs at RBI helm. 3) ‘Prospective parents’ complain of delay in the adoption process, ministry says looking into it. 4) NITI Aayog suggest extending PMJAY coverage to ‘missing middle’.5) Suicide rose to an all-time high in 2020, daily wagers made up largest share: NCRB data.
1) Vinod Rai says sorry to Nirupam on Manmohan, 2G claims. 2) Pegasus snoop affair: Israeli envoy says it is India’s internal matter. 3) Will discuss COVID recovery, climate change issues at G20, COP26: PM. 4) Govt to states: Stock available, increase the use of fortified rice. 5) SC says ban on firecrackers ‘not against a particular community’.
1) ‘No free pass’: SC rejects Govt’s Pegasus denial, orders probe into snooping charges 2) SC moved the needle on privacy, press freedom, Govt security alibi 3) China’s law can hit border pacts: India 4) PM: Committed to free & open Indo-Pacific 5) NITI Aayog okays study on facial recognition tech in India
1) Cheering Pak: UAPA in Srinagar, FIR in Agra, a sacking in Udaipur. 2) Facebook papers on fake news hate speech: Govt works on report. 3) Judicial infra in focus, Rijiju to meet state law ministers. 4) The farmer’s challenge. 5) COST OF DOING BUSINESS
1) Shah ‘mann ki baat’: why Pak, if talks are to be held, will do it with brothers, sisters of Valley. 2) Conversion law: UP says community interest over individual’s. 3) PM launches mega health infra mission, slams previous govts. 4) Can quash SC/ST Act cases if ‘civil’ offence: Top Court. 5) The tumult next door. 6) Climate targets set, missed. 7) RBI Guv flags ‘camouflaged’ transactions, fund diversions. 8) FM asks AviationMin, DoT to ‘accelerate’ infra projects, capex.
1) Facebook fuelled hate speech & fake news in India, its staff found. 2) Delhi holds its breath. 3) Afghanistan climate change in PM’s agenda for G20, COP26 meets. 4) PM to launch key healthcare scheme from Varanasi today.
1) Amid civilian kilings, onng encounter, Shah in J&K today; first visit since Art 370 scrapped. 2) 100 cr jabs a symbol of India’s potential, will boost the economy: Indian PM. 3) UPSC candidates have no right to cadre of choice: SC. 4) India set to stick to its stand at COP26: Polluters should pay. 5) To check edible oil prices, Centre suggests limit to states: no stocking beyond 2 months
1) Vacci-Billion-Nation. 2) Protests OK even on matter before court, but roads can’t be blocked: SC. 3) India-UK exercise to focus on digital operability. 4) Made in India, Made by India. 5) Not a zero-sum Affair.
1) Education to travel, outward remittance in Aug all-time high. 2) India adds firepower in eastern sector of LAC with new inductions & upgrades. 3) India, Brazil saw biggest jump in heat-related deaths in 2018-19. 4) Questions around the election of Dy Speaker. 5) Kushinagar, Buddhist pilgrimage & site of big infra push.
1) Uttarakhand rain toll rises, landslides cut off Nainital. 2) India sticking to LAC protocols, but can review: top officer. 3) Govt’s action plan: More information & technology officers, GIS-based planning. 4) India to be part of a 4-country forum on economic cooperation. 5) FLOOD & FURY.
1) PM action plan: Single environment Act, birth certificate for citizenship, jobs clause in FTAs. 2) Bangladesh violence continues, mob sets fire to homes. 3) India, Israel to renew negotiations on FTA. 4) Heavy rain, poor produce push up onion, tomato prices; trend to stay till Dec-end. 5) Regional Way Out.
1) China tests n-capable hypersonic missile in August: report 2) New Army aviation brigade for LAC in the eastern sector 3) OPENING THE FIELD 4) Where the twain met. 5) The fall guy.
1) Delhi calls up; Hasina asks India to guard against any reaction. 2) Husband bound to compensate the wife for spending on major son: HC. 3) PM push to Atmanirbhar Bharat: Goal is to make India major military power. 4) Stubble burning dropped drastically this year: Ministry. 5) Securing the states
1) India accepts Russia’s invite for talks with Taliban next week. 2) Health Ministry raises alert over COVID team vacancies: ‘Acute stress’. 3) Bhutan, China sign pact on border talks, India takes note. 4) India gets re-elected to UNHRC for 2022-24 term. 5) Global Hunger Index: India slips to rank 101, behind Pak, Bangladesh
1) China objects to Naidu Arunachal visit, India says no ground, solve LAC issue. 2) BSF area expanded, Punjab, Bengal call it intrusion on rights. 3) Centre starts talks for new IT law, looks at stalking to social media. 4) Abortion lowed till 24 weeks of pregnancy in special cases. 5) A BLANKET COVER. 6) Too much of a good thing. 7) Future spectrum auctions: DoT seeks Trai views on pay, moratorium. 8) To rationalize logistics costs, infra master plan launched. 9) Thermal power outage due to low coal stocks reduces.
1) Selective outrage of violation of rights, hurts country: PM
1) India, China deadlocked on Hot Springs, chill deepens after Round 13 2) Fake encounter report brings little relief; village wants school, ration shop- and a better life 3) PM Modi to attend G-20 meet on Afghanistan today 4) European booster shot
1) Enough coal stocks,Fears of crisis misplaced 2) After 2 months ,india china top general meets 3) Second phase of Malabar exercise from oct 12 4) Study – Heatwaves Events increasing in india ,occurring in new regions.
What to Read From Indian Express Will be Available From 11th Oct.
1) Long wait over: WHO calls for widespread use of malaria vaccine. 2) US Dy Secy of State: India, US have one mind, one approach on Afghanistan. 3) EVERY WOMAN’S MOVEMENT. 4) The politics of injustice. 5) Designing the post-COVID city. 6) WHO’s stark message on air quality- and what India must do. 7) Jim Corbett, the man, the stories, and his enduring legacy of conservation. 8) Global push: Cabinet gives go ahead to Rs 4445-crore scheme for textiles. 9) ‘Uncomfortable’ coal crunch: What is causing the shortage. 10) Govt allows 100% telecom FDI.
1) Risks receding: Moody’s upgrades India outlook from negative to stable. 2) Govt proposes changes to Forest Conservation Act. 3) India needs 11.16 lakh extra teachers to meet shortfall: report. 5) How not to test the quality. 6) First Nobel for climate science. 7) To fix coal crunch, captive mines’ 50% output get sale nod. 8) ‘Opening up competition in discom key to efficiency, nearly all states on board’. 9) Services PMI eases in Sept, but 2nd fastest expansion since Feb 2020.
1) Govt orders CBDT-led probe into Pandora, black money judges say action will be taken 2) Dust to stubble burning: Delhi chalks out winter action plan to cut pollution 3) Their Right To Protest 4) The contest for the Moon 5) Nobel for deciphering the science of touch
1) After Panama, it’s Pandora: facing heat, elite Indians find new ways to ringfence wealth in secret havens 2) Staying the green course 3) GAINING MO 4) Unmask the distress MENTUM 5) Counting the Kisan
1) Draft eCommerce rule: Industry dept objects, Niti Aayog says will hit ease of business. 2) Supreme Court Collegium recommends 16 names for elevation as HC judges. 3) India rejects China’s allegations, blames Bejing’s troop build-up for tension. 4) Coming soon, a project to secure India’s elephant corridors. 5) Growing locally. 6) Mahatama, the philosopher. 7) Heroin Seizures from the Arabian sea as Afghanistan fell to the Taliban. 8) FTA with Aus by 2022-end; ‘low hanging fruits’ interim deal. 9) Core sector output expands 11.6% in August.
For Any enquiry or details related to IAS/IPS/UPSC coaching or examination submit your details and get a call from one of our expert's team.
Free Online Workshop