1) House clears farm laws repeal Bill, Govt rejects Opp call for debate 2) 12 RS MPs suspended for entire session, Opp calls it undemocratic 3) In speeches, PM called for ‘quality debates’; in House, Govt pushed 15 Bills in under 10 mins last session 4) SC-appointed panel seeks devices of petitioners for technical checks 5) POWERLESS TO PAY
1) Govt to push for farm laws repeal today, Opp demands MSP statute 2) 40% fatal crashes due to rear-end collisions: highway audit 3) MSP: Amid farm protest, Govt moved from ‘no’ to ‘written assurance’ 4) CJI: Need India-specific studies for diabetes care 5) Farmwork Agreement turns out key hurdle in way of Naga Peace Accord
1) Global alarm: WHO calls new strain a Variant of Concern 2) Over 50% Bihar poor in the new index based on health, education, the standard of living 3) Is the husband justified in beating the wife? Survey has telling responses 4) On Constitution Day, CJI Ramana flags ‘increasing’ attacks on judges
1) New S Africa variant triggers alert in India 2) Dip in women owning property, but better financial, social autonomy 3) 99% POCSO cases in courts pending trial in 2020: Praja report 4) Centre tells SC it will revisit Rs 8 lakh EWS income norm
1) Cabinet begins the process, clears Bill, to take upon ‘priority’ in House 2) Fertility rate falls to below replacement level, signals population is stabilizing 3) Crypto on Govt table, top global investors put in $500 mn this yr 4) ‘Look at a signal we are sending to the world’: SC seeks statistical model on pollution
1) Govt plans Bills to bar pvt cryptocurrency with a few ‘exceptions’, repeal farm laws. 2) 6G technology launch likely by 2023-end or 2024, says Vaishnaw. 3) Global push to cap oil prices: 5 mn barrels from reserves. 4) Everything can be criticized but the criticism should be constructive: SC. 5) Ahead of Putin visit, DAC nod to jointly make rifles in India.
1) Platforms as publishers, penalties, checking electronic hardware may figure in draft data Bill 2) Courtesy SC’s push, this Dalit student moves closer to his IIT dream 3) Andhra govt repeals laws on 3 capitals, promises better Bill 4) Ensure purity of electoral roll, hold interactions with parties, CEC tells state CEO’s
1) Irresponsible nations tweaking sea rules for own benefit, says Rajnath 2) India reaches out, leaders of Bimstec could attend R-Day 2022 3) Centre, states work to link migrant worker database to job-match portal 4) DGP meet: PM calls for use of tech in grassroot policing
1) Farmers reap Modi climbdown. 2) A tale of 2 rollbacks: land & farm laws, focus was the outcome, not the process. 3) ‘India, China relationship going through bad pitch’. 4) Police, central agencies must coordinate better: Amit Shah. 5) Foreign vessel with ‘hazardous substances’ intercepted, brought to Mundra port.
1) Centre works on tax framework to regulate cryptocurrencies 2) Allahabad HC: Registration of interfaith union can’t wait for conversion nod 3) Kejriwal presents 6-point action plan to clean Yamuna: ‘Will take a dip in the river in 2025’ 4) Cryptocurrency must not end up in wrong hands: PM
1) Days after the ordinance, the ED chief gets a year’s extension 2) Pandemic year sees a shift to govt schools, more children seeking tuitions 3) Pak passes law to give Jadhav review option, Delhi believes not enough, ‘nothing new’ 4) Need quality, decency of debates in House; reflect ‘Indianness’: PM
1) 70% informal workers SC, ST, OBCs; majority in farm sector 2) Crypto currency: RBI chief asserts caution, ‘not enough debate’ 3) Milestone for gay rights: SC Collegium picks Saurabh Kirpal for HC 4) US special envoy discusses Afghan situation with Doval, Shringla
1) SC must intervene, says petitioner behind reforms in selection of CBI chief 2) Delhi pollution: SC asks Centre to hold meet today, says ‘unfortunate’ it has to set agenda 3) Milestone for gay rights: SC Collegium picks Saurabh Kirpal for HC 4) Kovind set to attend Bangla Victory Day’s golden jubilee in Dec 5) SC collegium repeats 11 names for HC judges
1) Govt brings ordinance: CBI, ED Directors can hold office up to 5 yrs 2) India, China join hands to block coal phase-out plan in Glasgow pact 3) India’s air defence gets a big boost, Russia starts delivery of S-400 missiles 4) Must preserve, protect, promote the independence of judiciary: CJI
1) Civil society is the new frontier of war… can be manipulated to hurt nation: Doval 2) Will favourably consider: Pak on wheat from India to Kabul 3) 96% sampled schools, 92% students in, children undergo a test of their skill 4) Army agrees to give women permanent commission 5) Capital against caste
1) Delhi meet seeks ‘unimpeded’ aid, inclusive Afghanistan govt 2) India to work towards zero-emission cars by 2040 3) A Cracked green 4) General consent for CBI 5) Amid Centre prodding, 9 states finalize rules for 4 labour codes
1) 3 staff memos flagged ‘polarising content, hate speech in India but Facebook said not a problem 2) Widening Char Dham road: Can we ignore defence needs for the environment, asks SC 3) Why foam floating on the Yamuna river is a frequent sight in Capital 4) SC collegium recommends transfer of Madras HC Chief Justice to Meghalaya HC 5) Andhra, Odisha CMs meet, agree to resolve disputes
1) SC tells UP: unsure of your probe, let ex-judge of another HC monitor. 2) After Islamabad, Beijing to skip New Delhi meeting on Kabul; Iran & Russia to join. 3) The Eurasia opportunity. 4) The Connectivity effect. 5) 119 awardees from diverse backgrounds
1) After Week 1, progress on warming but key climate talks still frozen 2) WHY TAPS RAN DRY 3) Another Chance At Life 4) Why start-ups yield harvests
1) After India’s 5-point plan, countries pledge to cut methane, deforestation 2) Afghan talks: Won’t go to India next week, says Pak NSA 3) ‘Make in India’ push: Defence Ministry nod to projects worth Rs 7,965 crore 4) ISRO ‘data window’ in India-led plan to boost infra in island nations 5) Forests declaration: India reads fine print, chooses to stay away
1) PM’s word: Net Zero 2070, clean & green 2030 2) GST collection surges to Rs. 1.30 lakh cr in Oct, 2nd highest ever 3) Spotted: Butterfly species never seen before in Delhi 4) HC quashes 10.5% quota for Vanniyars 5) Army conducts airborne exercise along border in eastern Ladakh
1) Climate, supply chain on Modi table; India, US discuss region 2) In three years, informal economy down to 15-20% from 52% says, SBI report 3) Centre to make fresh attempt for consensus on judicial services 4) Modi to lauch key India-led initiative to boost infra in small island nations 5) As COP26 begins, report warns of climate change records, call of action
For Any enquiry or details related to IAS/IPS/UPSC coaching or examination submit your details and get a call from one of our expert's team.
Free Online Workshop