1. Survey pegs growth at 8-8.5% in ’22-23: Forecast assumes oil prices at $70-75, no pandemic disruptions Growth estimate a conservative projection, says CEA NageswaranConcerns remain over hardening inflation, liquidity woes 2. Turbulence ahead: Air India will need all the managerial expertise it can get to turn into a successful buy 3. The case for vaccinating children against COVID-19: Protecting all children, especially those who have risk factors, should be a humanitarian priority for the Government
1. FM moots tax on virtual assets 2. 5G services to roll out in FY23: Sitharaman 3. ‘Duty tweaks to spur electronics manufacture some ‘nuisance’ duties remain: ICEA 4. Budget extends more sops for IFSC International Arbitration Centre to be set up in GIFT City 5. Cooperative societies get tax, surcharge relief Alternate Minimum Tax slashed to 15%
1) Process on to amend criminal laws: govt.; 2) ₹3,358 cr. in MGNREGA wages not paid; Govt. reply in RS comes amid cut in Budget allocation. 3) Soon, homestays to come up around Sultanpur National Park Tourists would be able to experience local culture and catch a glimpse of rural life, says Haryana CM 4) A.P. HC objects to ban on stage play ‘Chintamani’ 5) A dose of realism: Disease prevention with COVID-appropriate behaviour and vaccination is still necessary
1. FRONTPAGE: Indian diplomats to boycott Beijing games (Page 1) 2. FRONTPAGE: HC stays Haryana job quota for locals (Page 1) 3. FRONTPAGE: T.N. Governor returns NEET Bill to Assembly (Page 1) 4. EDITORIAL: Winter is here (Page 6) 5. EDITORIAL: A border move that will only bolster China (Page 6) 6. OPED: Does the Budget deliver on reforms? (Page 7)
1. Sex and violence: The Government should spell out its current stand on marital rape 2. Interrogating the false merit-reservation binary: The Supreme Court’s recent order advances an interpretation that is consistent with the ideals of equality, social justice 3. India calling with quite a lot of trade in mind: A ‘new age’ free trade deal with India remains critical in anchoring the United Kingdom economically to the Indo-Pacific 4. Villagers resist sanctuary tag for langur habitat
1. An oasis in the heart of a concrete jungle: Environmentalists and birders seek protection for Basai wetlands in Gurugram before it is too late 2. Rare insect sighted in Seshachalam: A Tirupati photographer has clicked black percher, a dragon fly species, recently 3. Fixing frequencies first: Policymakers must make sure that the 5G economic payoff will outweigh the high cost
1) India’s support gave ties new energy, says Sri Lankan Foreign Minister 2) A dose of science in the vaccination strategy: Vaccination and booster dose plans must have context in the backdrop and be informed by epidemiological evidence 3) WTO: Notes for India as the digital trade juggernaut rolls on. Sitting out trade negotiations could result in the country losing out on opportunities to shape the rules. 4) A self-reliant pharma industry: The production-linked incentive scheme needs to be modified in order to attract the industry 5) Govt. issues new media accreditation guidelines - the Central Media Accreditation Guidelines-2022
1. Haryana Cabinet nod for anti-conversion Bill, ‘Umpteen cases of religious conversions recorded’.2. Nine years on, DDA’s land pooling scheme yet to see development works. A total of 104 villages divided in six zones identified for the scheme; DDA says work about to start in two sectors.3. ‘NEET is discriminatory, against social justice’; The NEET Exemption Bill not only defends the right to education and social rights but also upholds Tamil Nadu’s rights.
1) Scientists set new record in fusion energy; Team at JET near Oxford generated 59 megajoules of sustained energy. 2) ISRO to launch new satellite on Feb. 14 3) Anger in diplomacy: Pak. establishment was behind MNC Kashmir tweets, but India should have shown restraint 4) It’s time to take a relook at privatisation: Simply pursuing this path while utilising such proceeds for loan write-offs or populist giveaways will not do 5) Experts stress on awareness for a safer digital economy; ‘Compliance, security risk assessment are important’ .
1. RBI holds rates to spur growth; Central bank’s MPC holds interest rates, keeps stance ‘accommodative’ to ensure durable recovery. 2. Wrong signal: HC order accepting national security bogey to shut down channel is concerning. 3. Frozen by uncertainty: RBI has forsaken its mandate of ensuring price stability to give an impetus to the economy.
1) Quad meet focuses on Indo-Pacific ties: Divisions emerge over Russia, Myanmar 2) IIP growth slowed to 0.4% in December 3) Taking a byte out of cyber threats: Rather than wait for the ‘Big Bang cyber attack’, nations and institutions ought to be prepared for a rash of cyber strikes 4)
1) For Something 2) India’s semiconductor dream
1) Inflation edges past 6% in January 2) Govt. bans 54 new Chinese mobile apps 3) ISRO puts 3 satellites into orbit aboard PSLV C52 4) A test case for living with pluralism in Karnataka. 5) Incorrect diagnosis, wrong remedy
1) Russia says some troops pulling back from areas near Ukraine 2) India advises its citizens to leave Ukraine temporarily. 3) Anti-lynching Bills passed by four States hanging fire
1)States can ease COVID curbs: Centre 2)NATO, U.S. sceptical of Russian troop pull out 3)A case for a more federal judiciary 4)After the Budget’s ‘crypto signal’, India awaits reforms
1)SC lifts stay on Haryana quota for private jobs 2)Singapore PM’s speech uncalled for, says India
1) Putin, Macron agree to work for ceasefire in east Ukraine 2) Remiss regulator 3) Tapping technology for multilingual learning 4) The Budget spells green shoots for agri-subsectors
1) Fundamental duties must be enforced: plea 2) Ukraine keeps India in loop, alleges disinformation drive 3) A red pen moment for corporate governance 4) Questions on MGNREGA budget estimation
1) De-escalation of Russia-Ukraine tensions top priority, says India. 2) Panel on AFSPA removal misses ‘45-day’ deadline 3) Untangling Kerala’s Lokayukta controversy 4) Russian recognition
1) Indian stand ‘balanced, independent’, says Russia 2) J&K govt. approves FDI policy for UT 3) Ukraine as a Matryoshka doll set of crises 4) A reductionist approach 5) Note manufacturer’s HQ now prohibited place
1) World shocked by Russia’s fullscale invasion of Ukraine 2) Uncertainty grips Indian students stuck in Ukraine 3) Shaking up Europe’s security architecture 4) Russia’s NATO problem 5) Ploughing a new channel for India’s food systems.
1) Missiles hit Kyiv, city on the ‘defensive’ 2) Surprise enemy with Indian arms, says PM 3) CBI arrests former official of NSE in Chennai 4) Hijab row: HC reserves verdict on please
1) India is engaged with all parties on Ukraine: Foreign Secretary 2) The anatomy of India’s Ukraine dilemma 3) A day to embody the true spirit of science 4)
For Any enquiry or details related to IAS/IPS/UPSC coaching or examination submit your details and get a call from one of our expert's team.
Free Online Workshop