Assam, Mizoram agree to ease border tension (GS 2 Federation)
SC questions States on cases under 66A (GS 2 FR)
Nod for policy to promote production of medical oxygen in the Capital (GS 2 Health)
Oppn. rejects Venkaiah’s truce offer to discuss farmer protests (GS 2 Parliamentary proceeding)
Allegations serious, truth has to come out in snooping issue: SC (GS 2 FR)
Post talks, India, China pull back troops from Gogra (GS 2 IR)
Covishield-Covaxin mix gives better protection, says ICMR (GS 2 Health)
IPCC report forecasts a future of severe weather (GS 3 Ecology)
LS clears Bill restoring States’ rights to specify OBC groups (GS 2 FR)
‘Backchannel talk was on before Balakot’ (GS 2 IR)
‘Outsiders brought inside House to manhandle MPs’ (GS 2 Legislature)
More Afghan cities fall as Taliban near Kabul (GS 2 IR)
Due to Independence Day on 15th Aug 2021 Less relevant news today from some newspapers like THE HINDU .
1) Taliban assert control over Afghanistan 2) In TN At least 3.94 lakh missed Covaxin 2nd dose in 6week window
1. Taliban vow to honour women’s rights but within Islamic law
Taliban: New council may govern Afghanistan, with Taliban supreme leader Haibatullah Akhundzada taking overall charge.
1. U.S. not interested in trade pact: Piyush Goyal 2. ‘Mappila riots a sign of Taliban mindset’ 3. Objective assessment: RBI should avoid having to choose between taming inflation and pushing for growth 4. Lessons from India's all cause mortality data: Data suggest there were 3.5 million to 3.7 million ‘excess deaths’ nationwide, from April 2020 to June 2021 5. Arms and the women: On gender parity in the Army 6. Abraham Accords as India's West Asia Bridge: The signing of the Accords has helped remove strategic obstacles for New Delhi and aided defence cooperation 7. Is Caste Census desirable: It is required to document both the disadvantages and privileges of various communities in India 8. It is important for India to work on ways to strengthen foundational education for children. 9. Rajnath launches Defence India Startup Challenge 5.0 10. Telcos knock on Centre’s door for relief
1) Zycov-D, India’s first COVID-19 vaccine for those above 12, gets nod. 2) Palm oil plan enthuses farmersCultivators of rubber in Kerala evince interest in making a switch. 3) With Indo-U.S. trade deal off, it is time India reorients its global economic engagement 4)The fall of Kabul, the future of regional geopolitics 5) Faith and marriageDubious legislation cannot be allowed to criminalise inter-faith marriages 6) The Rumbling Hills of Himachal Pradesh: In a State where hydro power projects, dams and construction activities are increasing, landslides too are becoming common.
1. Access to Income Tax portal restored hours after Finance Ministry ‘summons’ to Infosys CEO 2. Afghan Sikhs, Hindus among 392 airlifted from Kabul 3. Railways suffered ₹36,000 crore loss during pandemic; goods trains real revenue generators: Raosaheb Danve 4. 387 ‘Moplah martyrs’ to be removed from the Dictionary of Martyrs of India’s Freedom Struggle 5. With the Supreme Court Collegium showing the way in judicial appointments, the executive needs to match its pace. 6. Increasing vaccination and monitoring of new variants are essential in fighting the pandemic
1) Farmers have right to protest but stir should not hinder traffic: SC 2) Russia to deliver first stealth frigate by mid-2023 3) Bid to deport 60,000 Chakmas from Arunachal slammed 4) Odisha move to offset dry spell on Agriculture: directed to keep all irrigation systems functional, ensure constant supply of power to all lift point and bore wells and expedite repair work so that water reaches tail-end of canals. 5) Staying invested: on India's relations with Afghanistan 6) All eyes will be on the Taliban’s character as and when they consolidate their power in a transformed Afghanistan.
1) Tamil Nadu government announces ₹100-crore urban jobs scheme 2) Economic criterion not sole basis for creamy layer: Supreme Court 3) DELHI| All positive samples of COVID to go for genome sequencing 4) Kerala Health Minister Veena George directs to ensure at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine to all above 18 in the State by September-end. 5) The implementation of the National Automated Facial Recognition System in India lacks adequate safeguards
1. Centre clears all nine names recommended by the Supreme Court Collegium 2. Coronavirus | Vaccinate school staff on priority basis: Centre tells States Supreme Court lays bare the limits of using economic criterion to determine reservation eligibility Negotiating the new global climate policy A Taliban outreach that needs course correction: The overwhelming narrative to engage with the Taliban must change, which will lead to the budding of policy options.
1. Inaccessible UIDAI system leaves Aadhaar users in lurch. 2. Can PM-CARES funds be extended to all orphaned during pandemic, asks Supreme Court. 3. Sambhar Lake needs faster restoration, says expert study. 4. 84-day gap for better efficacy: Centre tells HC. 5. Mission Vatsalya: To extend help to women who lost their husbands due to pandemic, the Maharashtra government’s Women and Child Development Department has launched ‘Mission Vatsalya,’ aimed to serve around 18 benefits, schemes, services to them under one roof.
1. FM to soon chair a meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) to nudge financial regulators to relax and harmonise investment norms for instruments like InvITs to be used to monetise public assets like highways, gas pipelines and railway tracks. 2. Assam’s Deepar Beel Wildlife Sanctuary breathes easy after eco-sensitive zone notification. 3. Asset monetisation — execution is the key. 4. On Supreme court's appointment spree: Appointment spree in SC is welcome, and augurs well for diversity and representation. 5. On the Afghan Crisis and India: India does not have the luxury of distance from the ticking bomb in its neighbourhood. 6. Afghan Situation uncertain, says India: Situation on the ground is ‘uncertain’, notes MEA spokesperson. 7. India adds 557 new species to its fauna: Zoological Survey of India. 8. Ministries reach consensus on hydropower projects in Himalayas. 9. Explained | Who are ISKP, the group behind Kabul blasts? Outfit has built network in Afghanistan and killed hundreds. 10. Indian astrophysicists spot rare merger of three jumbo black holes.
1. NITI bats for tax breaks to achieve monetisation goal 2. ‘Oil palm plan is a recipe for disaster’ 3. Separate toilets for transgenders at metro stations 4. A fine lineInfrastructure development and eco-conservation should go hand-in-hand 5. The Afghan theatre and judging India’s responses| Closing the embassy in Kabul does not fall among the questionable decisions in the country’s foreign policy stance
1) 25% of vaccinated health staff contracted COVID-19: study 2) A monetisation move that doesn’t tick most boxes| The National Monetisation Pipeline may not help realise the best value for public assets to kick-start investment demand 3) India is indeed walking the green talk| Even with all its challenges, the country is setting a global example in meeting its Nationally Determined Contributions 4) Marital rape: an indignity to women| The marital rape exception is antithetical to women’s dignity, equality and autonomy 5) Still hanging fire on transparency| Courts need to go beyond appealing to the fictional conscience of our lawmakers
For Any enquiry or details related to IAS/IPS/UPSC coaching or examination submit your details and get a call from one of our expert's team.
Free Online Workshop