All you need to know about JPSC preparation – The Complete Guide
JPSC stands for Jharkhand Public Service Commission. This exam recruits officers in for state government. Moreover, they provide many opportunities for candidates to serve society. However, serving society is their main goal.
Table of Contents
- About JPSC Examination
- Role of Coaching in JPSC Preparation
- Reasons to join Online Coaching for JPSC - Online JPSC Course
- Why one should join Chahal Academy for JPSC ?
- Stages of Jharkhand Public Service Commission Examination
• Preliminary Examination
• Mains Examination
- Eligibility Criteria – Important for JPSC preparation
• Educational Qualification
• Age Limit
- Cut-off Marks
- How to prepare for Jharkhand Public Service Commission
• For Prelims
• For Mains
• For Interview
- Booklist for JPSC preparation
About JPSC Examination
Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) recruits for the vacancies in State Services
in Jharkhand through the most prestigious exam the JPSC examination. So, the JPSC releases notification and applications to this exam every year for the recruitment of different posts in departments under the government of Jharkhand. In other words, eligible candidates can apply online after the release of notification. The main purpose of this article is to provide complete information about the JPSC examination and guidance for the preparation. Candidates can prepare for the exam either through offline or online coaching classes.
Role of Coaching in JPSC Preparation
Coaching plays a vital role in the preparation for State Public Service Exams. Moreover, coaching helps you in the preparation and increases the chances of success. However, it completely depends on the applicant whether to choose it or not. Also, to increase chances coaching reduces the workload of the candidate and gives what is exactly needed. Coaching also gives an overview of the examination pattern and changing dynamics. However, it should be noted that coaching cannot guarantee your success. But, it provides an environment for overall development which is needed to crack any exam.
Reasons to join Online Coaching for JPSC – Online JPSC course
- Your time, Your Place: Offline JPSC coaching has a fixed time table but online coaching is very flexible. Moreover, the candidate saves time from traveling between home and coaching.
- Rescheduling: The biggest advantage of online coaching is that no lecture will be missed. Because you can watch it anytime anywhere on your laptop or phone. In other words, online coaching is the best way to prepare especially if you are working or are looking to study from home. Also, you can watch the videos whenever you are free.
- Inexpensive Fees: Generally, the cost of coaching for JPSC exam preparation is approximately between Rs.50,000/- to Rs.75,000/-. But online coaching is inexpensive.
Why one should join Chahal Academy for JPSC
Chahal Academy is a one-stop solution to all your queries in the field of Civil services because we have an expert faculty team. Also, we provide high-quality study material and candidates do not face any difficulty in getting access to them. Moreover, Candidates can trust Chahal Academy for the JPSC preparation as this academy provides facilities for the overall development of candidates through a learning environment.
- Firstly, more than 400 hours of the JPSC Foundation Course lectures are provided. Secondly, the course includes coverage of a Topic-wise Syllabus. Also, it is taught by the most trusted and senior faculty. Moreover, the subject matter experts are supported by an up-to-date content team. On the other hand, you get personal attention in case of any difficulty.
- You can choose to learn according to your time and place.
- Above all, our course is super inexpensive.
- Also, regular tests improve time management and accuracy.
- Most importantly, the videos of lectures are available 24 x 7. So, you can watch the videos according to your preference. Chahal Academy focuses on strengthening the base of the student.
Stages of Jharkhand Public Service Commission Examination
The JPSC exam is divided into 3 stages - Prelims, Mains and Interview.
There are 2 objective type papers. The time allotted for each paper is 2 hours. The total marks of the Prelims paper is 200.
||No. of Questions
|General Studies-II (Jharkhand centric)
Syllabus of preliminary examination
- History of India with reference to Jharkhand
• Ancient India
• Medieval India
• Modern India
- Geography of India and Jharkhand
• Social & Demographic
- Indian Polity and Governance
• Constitution of India
• Good governance and Public Administration
- Economic and Sustainable Development
• Basic features of Indian Economy
• Sustainable development and economic issues
• Globalization and economic reforms
- Science and Technology
• General Science
• Agriculture and Technology development
• Information and communication Technology
- Jharkhand specific questions (General awareness of history, society, culture and heritage)
- National and International Current Events
- Questions that require specialization
• Human Rights
• Environmental protection , Bio - diversity and climate change
• Disaster Management
• Poverty and Un - employment
• United Nations and International agencies
The Mains exam has 6 papers and is 3 hours long. Moreover, the total marks are 1050. Also, out of 100, the candidate must score at least 30 marks.
||General English and Hindi
||Language and Literature
(one out of 15 listed languages)
||History and Geography
||Indian Constitution and Polity, Public Admin
||Indian Economy, Globalization and Sustainable Development
||General Sciences, Environment, Technology
Syllabus of mains examination
It has 2 sections Hindi and English. Also, both papers are of 50 marks and is divided in 4 categories:
Paper 2 (Language and Literature)
- Precis Writing
- The interview is of 100 marks. Basically, it is a viva type Q & A type series where questions pertaining to current affairs and educational background are asked from candidates.
- The Viva-voce tests the personality of the candidates. You will be asked about general events in and around the world. The interview panel tests your presence of mind and alertness. You do not have to be very intelligent or very smart. You must have an idea of your surrounding and a sensible approach to it. Your overall health and fitness will also be considered. You can choose to either speak in English or Hindi.
Eligibility Criteria – Important for JPSC preparation
- For General Category, it is 35 years.
- But for Backward classes 1 and 2, it is 37 years.
- SC/ST both male and female, it is 40 years
- For women, it is 38 years
- The candidates should be graduated from a recognized university or any degree which is equivalent to a bachelor's degree. Also, candidates who have cracked the preliminary exam should know the details of the certificates of the Main examination.
How to Prepare for Jharkhand Public Service commission
The JPSC preparation will need a proper strategy and guidance to crack the exam. Below are few tricks to help you with your JPSC preparation which can be incorporated at any stage of your journey-
- Newspaper - You should read the newspaper daily. The newspaper will give you all the current affairs, international affairs, and also help in improving your vocabulary.
- Government Websites - Government websites will provide you 100% authentic information. Also, you should trust these authentic sites only.
- Keep your Booklist short - Firstly, you do not need every book in the world for the preparation. Secondly, pick the best books and keep the list precise. Read these books over and over again.
- Notes - Always keep your notes short and precise. Because notes will help you remember everything.
- Revision - Revision is the key as it will help you clear the exam. Nothing beats a good revision for an important exam like Jharkhand State Service Exam.
- Mock tests - You should always appear for multiple mock tests. Because it helps you to brush up your skills and knowledge. Also, it will prepare you for the final day.
- Again, the newspaper is an inevitable step. Moreover, the newspaper will keep you updated and will help you in answering most of the questions.
- Also, you should read those books which will strengthen your base.
- Moreover, always trust government websites as they are authentic.
- You should always make your notes precisely. Also, always prepare the notes for prelims and mains together.
- Mock tests and Revisions will increase your speed and skills and improve retention power.
For the last stage, you must sit for mock Interviews. Because it will help to experience you the Q and A round. So, brush up your skills with the mock Interviews and enhance your personality. Further, keep yourself updated with all the current issues.
Booklist for JPSC preparation
- History: Spectrum for Modern India and NCERT books for Ancient and Medieval India.
- Geography: NCERT books of class XI and XII along with the G.C Leong book. While studying Geography, you should always have Orient Blakswan Atlas to mark the place, mountains, and rivers on the Atlas.
- Indian Economy: Read Chahal Academy Economy booklet. Further, a large number of economy questions come from Current affairs also.
- General Science: NCERT books from 6th to 12th books, you can also read Tata McGraw Hill book.
- Environment: Chahal Academy Environment booklet or IGNOU material is more than enough.
- Polity: Go for M. Laxmikant. There is no substitute for this book.
- Jharkhand Special: You can pick any book for Jharkhand special preparation book. For example, Upkar publication book for Jharkhand special, yearbook of PD, Ghatna Chakra yearly compilation for state special.
At last, you must have faith in yourself and prepare for this battle by working hard and smart by making a good strategy. This examination is not about how hard you have worked, rather it is about how smart you have worked. We wish you Good luck!! You can visit the official website of JPSC for further details.
For more information
| JPSC Eligibility Criteria
| JPSC Exam Pattern
| JPSC Syllabus
| JPSC Interview
| JPSC Cut Off Marks
| JPSC Results
| JPSC Booklist
| JPSC Test Series
| JPSC Question Papers
| JPSC Notification
| JPSC Admit Card
| JPSC Topper Strategy
| JPSC Answer Key
| JPSC Officer Salary