Role of Coaching in TNPSC Preparation
Coaching plays a key role in the preparation of State Public Service Exams. Further, coaching is very important for its preparation and also increases the chances of success. However, it completely depends on the candidate whether to choose it or not. Above all, coaching decreases your workload by giving exactly what is needed. It also provides an overlook of exam pattern and changing dynamics. But it should be noted that TNPSC coaching cannot guarantee the success of any candidate. But, coaching can provide the correct environment and guidance needed to crack this exam.
Reasons to join Online Coaching for TNPSC – Online TNPSC course
- Time and Place : Offline TNPSC coaching has a fixed time table but online timings are flexible. Moreover, candidates save so much time from traveling between home and coaching.
- Rescheduling: The biggest pro of online TNPSC coaching is that you will never miss any of the lectures. Above all, you can watch it anytime, anywhere on a laptop or phone. Moreover, TNPSC online coaching is the best way for those who are working or are a homemaker.
- Inexpensive Fee Structure : Normally the cost of TNPSC coaching is between 50,000 to 75000. However, online coaching classes cost much less.
Why one should join Chahal Academy for TNPSC
Chahal Academy is a one-stop solution for all your queries for the Civil Services field. Also, expert faculty is provided with appropriate study material. Moreover, students don't face any difficulty to collect these materials. Above all, students can always trust Chahal Academy for their preparation as guidance is provided till the last day of preparation. Further, the academy provides all the facilities for the candidate's development. Most importantly, Chahal Academy's TNPSC online course includes -
- More than 400 hours of course lecture series. Also, the course the syllabus in terms of topics rather than chapters. Moreover, the course is taught by trusted and reliable faculties. The faculty gives personal attention to any candidate facing difficulty. Also, the content is revised and updated accordingly.
- The videos are available 24 x 7 which you can watch anytime anywhere. Moreover, we focus on strengthening the base. Feedback and technological support is given by subject experts.
- Above all, you can always choose your desired time and place.
- Most importantly, the course fee structure is super inexpensive.
- Last but not the least, regular tests improve accuracy and time management.
- Study material is available as hard or soft copy which can be accessed at any time.
Stages of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Examination
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts the examination in 3 stages – Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
- Firstly, it is only one objective type test which is of 3 hours long. Secondly, there are 200 questions with a maximum of 300 marks. However, no negative marking is there in group 1 of prelims. Also, students’ needs to clear both sectional and overall cut off of the exam to be able to appear in the main examination.
||Number of Questions
|Aptitude & Mental Ability
||180 Minutes (3 Hours)
Below is the syllabus of group 1 Prelims :
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Indian Polity
- Indian Culture and History
- Indian National Movement
- Mental Ability, Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
- Indian Economy
The mains are divided into 2 parts - Descriptive test and Interview and record. Moreover, the descriptive test is of 750 marks, Interviews and records carry 100 marks. However, the main exam is a written exam. Also, the descriptive test has 3 papers and the duration is of 3 hours.
|General Studies Paper - 1
|General Studies Paper - 2
|General Studies Paper - 3
Below is the syllabus of GS 1 Mains -
- 1st Paper - Mental ability and general Aptitude, Tamil Nadu and India modern Indian history and culture, and Social Issues.
- 2nd Paper - Emerging Political trends across the world affecting India Tamil society and Indian polity - Culture and Heritage, Role and technology in Indian development and impact of Science.
- 3rd Paper - Indian Economy (current trends and impact of the global economy on India), Indian Geography (main focus on Tamil Nadu biodiversity, environment and disaster management).
The interview stage is of 100 marks. It assesses the caliber of the candidate. Moreover, it is much more than bookish knowledge. On the other hand, the interview tests the suitability of the candidate for the post.
Eligibility Criteria – Important for TNPSC preparation
Firstly, in order to sit for the TNPSC exam, you should fulfill the eligibility criteria. Below is the list of the important Eligibility criteria.
The student must have a degree from a prestigious university or any other Institute. Also, the students who are in the final year can also apply for it. However, they need to provide proof from the university.
- Firstly, for all the categories the minimum age is 21. Secondly, for SC/ST/OBC the maximum age is 37 years. However, for others, the maximum age is 32 years.
- Above all, there is a concession of 10 years above the maximum age limit for a differently-abled person. But for ex-serviceman, the maximum age for SC/ST/OBC is 53 years. On the other hand, for the general category, it is 48 years.
The Cut-off marks for TNPSC 2019 are as follows-
- Firstly, focus on the basic syllabus of TNPSC and go through previous year questions. Secondly, don't study everything as it will further confuse you.
- Also, read government authorized books as they will give you the correct information. However, do not skip these in any case.
- Above all, do not try to cover each and every book. Always keep your study precise and short.
- Always keep your notes simple and short. Moreover, notes will help you to remember things in the long run.
- Revision is the most important step. Do it as much as you can. Also, start practicing from the 1st day itself.
- Always attempt multiple mock tests as they will prepare you for the final day. Also, mock tests will give you an idea about the exam pattern and much more. Below is a table showing the subject break-up so you can prioritize your studies accordingly:
||Expected number of questions as Per the current trends
|Aptitude and Mental Ability
|Current affairs + GA
|History/Culture + Indian National Movement
- Reading the newspaper is an inevitable step. Moreover, the candidate must go through the newspaper on a daily basis.
- Also, read basic books that will strengthen your foundation.
- Most importantly, keep your booklist short as multiple books will further confuse you. However, make sure to read the same book twice to thrice. This will help you in the long run.
- Further, prepare the notes of prelims and mains together. Because it will save so much time.
- Mock test and revision is the key. It will prepare you for the final day and will brush up your skills of choosing the right option as well as answer writing.
- To practice for the last stage, do sit for mock Interviews. Because it will prepare you for the final Q and A round. Further, be informed about the current issues and go through everything once more. So, enhance your personality as the personality test is much more than bookish knowledge. Also, this stage will test the caliber of the student. The board members will analyze whether the candidate is suitable for the job or not.
Booklist for TNPSC preparation
- History: Spectrum for Modern India and NCERT books for Ancient and Medieval India.
- Geography: NCERT books of class XI and XII along with the G.C Leong book. While studying Geography, you should always have Orient Blakswan Atlas to mark the place, mountains, and rivers on the Atlas.
- Indian Economy: Read Chahal Academy Economy booklet. Further, a large number of economy questions come from Current affairs also.
- General Science: NCERT books from 6th to 12th books, you can also read Tata McGraw Hill book.
- Environment: Chahal Academy Environment booklet or IGNOU material is more than enough.
- Polity: Go for M. Laxmikant. There is no substitute for this book.
- Tamil Nadu Special: You can pick any book for Tamil Nadu special preparation book. For example, Upkar publication book for Tamil Nadu special, yearbook of PD, Ghatna Chakra yearly compilation for state special.
- Class 6-12 Samacheer Kalvi books
Candidate who wants to crack the TNPSC exam should follow the above tips. Moreover, Chahal Academy will guide along your TNPSC preparation. Most importantly, Chahal Academy will increase your success chances by providing you the best faculty and environment. For more details, check out the official website of TNPSC.