Table of Contents
- About MPPSC Examination
- Role of Coaching in MPPSC Preparation
- Reasons to join Online Coaching for MPPSC
- Why one should join Chahal Academy for MPPSC ?
Stages of Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission Examination
• Preliminary Examination
• Mains Examination
• Educational Qualification
• Age Limit
• Age Relaxation
- Cut-off Marks
How to prepare for Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
• For Prelims
• For Mains
• For Interview
- Booklist for MPPSC preparation
About MPPSC Examination
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) recruits for the vacancies in State Services
of Madhya Pradesh. So, it releases notification and applications to this examination every year. Eligible candidates can apply online after the release of notification. Further, candidates can prepare for the exam either through offline or online coaching classes. Also, the main purpose of this article is to provide complete information about the MPPSC examination and guidance for the preparation.
Role of Coaching in MPPSC Preparation
Coaching plays a vital role in helping students prepare for the State Public Service Exams. However, it completely depends on the applicant whether to enroll in one or not. Also, coaching classes help to increase the chances of success by preparing a customized study plan based on the strengths and weaknesses of the student. Coaching also gives an overview of the examination pattern and changing dynamics. However, it should be noted that coaching cannot guarantee your success. But, it provides an environment for overall development which is needed to crack any exam.
Reasons to join Online Coaching for MPPSC
- Your Time and Place : Offline MPPSC coaching has a fixed timetable but online coaching is very flexible. Moreover, the candidate saves time from traveling between home and coaching.
- Reschedule : The biggest advantage of online coaching is that none of the lectures will be missed. Because you can watch it anytime anywhere on your laptop or phone. In other words, online coaching is the best way to prepare especially if you are working or are looking for classes from home. Also, you can watch the videos whenever you are free.
- Inexpensive Fee : Generally, the cost of coaching for MPPSC exam preparation is approximately between Rs.50,000/- to Rs.75,000/-. But online coaching with us is inexpensive.
Why one should join Chahal Academy for MPPSC
Chahal Academy is a one-stop solution to all your queries in the field of Civil services owing to our expert faculty team. Also, we provide high-quality study material and candidates do not face any difficulty in collecting them. Moreover, Candidates can trust Chahal Academy for the MPPSC preparation as this academy provides facilities for the overall development of candidates through an interactive learning environment.
- More than 400 hours of the MPPSC Foundation Course lectures are provided. Secondly, the course includes coverage of a Topic-wise Syllabus. Also, it is taught by the most trusted and senior faculties of our team.
- Moreover, subject matter experts are supported by an up-to-date content team. On the other hand, you get personal attention in case of any difficulty.
- You can choose the desired time and place.
- Above all, the course is super inexpensive.
- Also, we provide regular tests to improve time management and accuracy.
- Most importantly, the videos of lectures are available 24 x 7. So, you can watch the videos according to your preference. Chahal Academy focuses on strengthening the base of the student.
Stages of Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission Examination
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) has divided the exam into 3 parts - Prelims, Mains, and the Interview. Moreover, there is no negative marking
in the Madhya Pradesh State Civil Services.
Prelims is the first stage of the exam. However, the marks obtained in it will not be considered for the final merit list. Also, Prelims is divided into 2 parts - General Studies and General Aptitude Test.
Also, the duration is 2 hours for each exam. On the other hand, both papers carry 200 marks each.
|General Aptitude Test
Prelims Syllabus :
For General Studies
- General Science and Environment
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Indian History - Independence, with special reference to MP
- Geography of India and the world with consideration on MP
- Indian Polity
- Information and Communication Technology
For General Aptitude Test
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Ability
- Basic Maths
- Hindi Language Comprehension (Class X Level)
This is the next stage after Prelims. However, the duration is 3 hours for all General Studies exams. But it is 2 hours for Hindi Essay. On the other hand, General studies 1, 2, and 3 is of 300 marks. But, General studies 4 and General Hindi is of 200 marks. Also, General Hindi essay is of 100 marks. Below is a table for better understanding of the MPPSC Mains exam pattern:
History of India and Madhya Pradesh:
- World history, Indian history - Medieval and Modern, with broad aspects of the history of Madhya Pradesh. Also, read about The British invasion and India's struggle for Independence.
- Try to connect how India's past has shaped the present scenario of Madhya Pradesh.
- Indian Culture and Heritage of MP.
Geography of India and Madhya Pradesh: General geography and geographical division of Madhya Pradesh and its major river systems:
- Indian Geography (Both Physical and Human), Soil, and Food Processing Industries.
- Disaster Management too plays a major role in the MPPSC exam. Read about Man-Made Disasters, Community Planning, and practice Case Studies.
- Questions will test your knowledge of the country’s political system. You should read about Panchayati Raj, Community development, and planning in India and Madhya Pradesh, etc.
- Focus on Health Services, Technological developments in the field of family, and social welfare.
- Current updates in the field of Education Systems with special focus on elementary and girl education.
- Also, read about HRD and a few relevant International Organizations.
- Unlike other State Exams, MPPSC does include Reasoning and Data Interpretation in its mains exam. Rather, you should focus on practicing- Basic Numeracy and Statistics, Mensuration, Profit and Loss.
- Read current affairs for Science and Technology.
- Focus on topics like Energy, Environment, Sustainable
- Indian Economy
- Prepare case studies on Ethics and Integrity
- This is the last stage and it is of 175 marks. It tests the candidate's caliber and character for the post. However, the candidate must know about current affairs and in order to crack the exam.
- The Viva-voce will be to test the personality of the candidates. This test will be in matters of general interest and is intended to test the candidate’s alertness. For instance, Intelligence and general outlook on general topics will be tested.
Eligibility Criteria – Important for MPPSC preparation
There are certain criteria that you need to fulfill in order to be able to sit for the MP state service exam.
- Firstly, the candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Secondly, male candidates with more than 1 wife are not eligible. Also, females who have married a male, already having a wife are not eligible.
- Also, for some posts, physical tests are also important.
- Firstly, the candidates must hold a degree equivalent to graduation from any recognized university.
- Secondly, the candidates who have professional and technical qualifications from the recognized university must be equal to a professional or technical degree.
- The minimum age is 21 years and maximum is 35 but only for Madhya Pradesh residents. For others, the age limit is 30.
||MPPSC Age Limit - Age Relaxation
|All women candidates irrespective of their domicile
|Physically Handicapped persons
|SC/ST/OBC Domiciles of MP
|Burma, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Vietnam’s bonafide repatriate of Indian origin holding Indian Passport
|Personnel from Defence Services
|Widow, Divorcee or abandoned at the time of her first appointment
|Green card holders under the Family Welfare Programme
|Vikram Award - honoured sportsmen, as per MPPSC General AD memo
|Defence Services Personnel
The cut off for Prelims Examination of 2018 of Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission were announced in which:
- For the General category, the cutoff for prelims was: 138(Male) / 128(Female) marks.
- For the OBC category, the cutoff for prelims was: 134(Male) / 132 (Female) marks.
- For the SC/ST category, the cutoff for prelims was: 126(Male) / 122(Female) marks.
How to Prepare for Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Newspaper - You should read the newspaper daily. The newspaper will give you all the current affairs, international affairs, and much more. Read the Hindu editorial analysis for guidance.
- Government Websites - Government websites will provide you 100% authentic information. Also, you should trust these authentic sites only.
- Keep your Booklist short - Firstly, you do not need every book in the world for the preparation. Secondly, pick the best books and keep it precise.
- Notes - Prepare precise notes so you do not have to read the books again and again. Make sure you enter only relevant details in your notes.
- Revision - Revision is the key to clearing MPPSC exam as it will help you in the long run.
- Mock Tests - You should always appear for multiple mock tests. Because it helps you to brush up your skills and knowledge. Also, it will prepare you for the final day.
- Again, the newspaper is an inevitable step. Moreover, the newspaper will keep you updated and will help you produce relevant answers.
- Also, you should read those books which will strengthen your base.
- Moreover, always trust government websites as they are authentic.
- You should always make your notes precisely. Also, always prepare the notes for prelims and mains together. This will save you time and spare room for revision.
- Mock tests and Revisions will increase your speed and skills.
For the last stage, you must sit for mock Interviews. This will help you to experience Q and A round with an interviewer panel which will prepare your body and mind for the final day. So, brush up your skills with the mock Interviews and enhance your personality. Further, keep yourself updated with all the current issues.
Booklist for MPPSC preparation
- History: Spectrum for Modern India and NCERT books for Ancient and Medieval India.
- Geography: NCERT books of class XI and XII along with the G.C Leong book. While studying Geography, you should always have Orient Blakswan Atlas to mark the place, mountains, and rivers on the Atlas.
- Indian Economy: Read Chahal Academy Economy booklet. Further, a large number of economy questions come from Current affairs also.
- General Science: NCERT books from 6th to 12th books, you can also read Tata McGraw Hill book.
- Environment: Chahal Academy Environment booklet or IGNOU material is more than enough.
- Polity: Go for M. Laxmikant. There is no substitute for this book.
- Madhya Pradesh Special: You can pick any book for Madhya Pradesh special preparation book. For example, Upkar publication book for Madhya Pradesh special, yearbook of PD, Ghatna Chakra yearly compilation for state special.
You can also check UPSC/IAS preparation strategy if you wish to prepare for the same.
Finally, you must have faith in yourself and your mentors and should work hard to make it happen. Secondly, you must have a strategy for preparation. You need not worry about the strategy as we at Chahal Academy will provide the exact study plan keeping in mind the vast syllabus, your needs, and your lifestyle. For more details, you can visit the official website of MPPSC.