* CHAHAL’s CSR INITIATIVE *
Chahal Academy: A Socially Responsible Institute.
Get Free IAS Booklet
Get Free IAS Booklet
1. Looking beyond the Forest Rights Act: Schemes and programmes already drafted for the tribal people need to be implemented everywhere
1. Thinking before linking: Despite progressive aspects, linking electoral rolls with Aadhaar raises apprehensions 2. How the Code on Wages ‘ legalises ’ bonded labour; It allows employers to extend unlimited advances to workers and charge an unspecified interest rate on such loans
1. A strategic bulwark: India must redouble efforts towards Central Asia to counter the ‘Great Game’ rivalries 2. The sustained attack on federalism: Steps by the Union government have undermined the principles of federalism, especially fiscal federalism
1. Age and marriage: Focus must be on creating social awareness about women’s reproductive health and rights 2. Testing the red lines in the Iran nuclear talksIt presents itself as a path paved with uncertainties and risks failure if the players adopt a ‘Trumpian’ attitude
1. Wrong forum: The attempt to securitise the climate change agenda could have unintended consequences 2. The WTO’s challenge to MSP is another frontier to cross; The need is to convince farmers of other effective policy interventions that are World Trade Organization compatible.
1) A thorn in Pakistan-Bangladesh relations: Five decades after Bangladesh’s victory in 1971, an apology from Islamabad for events of the period is overdue 2) The price of food must figure in the policy: An agricultural policy must ensure that farming is profitable but not at the cost of a high price of food
1. Pain from prices: More fuel tax cuts are needed to prevent inflation from hurting the recovery 2. 2. The NMP is hardly the panacea for growth in India; As the Government has also shown, there are out-of-the-box policy initiatives to revamp public sector businesses
1. Fathoming the new world disorder: It is pegged to the American withdrawal from Afghanistan, a development with a far-reaching impact on global politics
Current affairs have an essential role in UPSC-CSE preparation. In this regard Newspapers, especially The Hindu have a central role during preparation as opinion based questions increases in recent years. The editorial page contains anin-depth analysis of the relevant topic of general studies. It helps not only in mains answer writing but also in prelims as it consists of fact as well as analysis. It enhances the overall aspirant’s capability of thinking about different issues with a multidirectional approach. This holistic approach also reflects in solving case studies of ethics paper, essay writing and interview stage.
Reading newspaper is not sufficient alone. Aspirants should make subject wise notes which is further divided into topics & subtopics of the syllabus. When aspirants read newspapers about these topics, they should prepare notes in their own words.
In this regards, Chahal Academy Provides free of cost Daily Hindu Editorial Analysis through its own website. Visit the following links-
For Any enquiry or details related to IAS/IPS/UPSC coaching or examination submit your details and get a call from one of our expert's team.
Free Online Workshop